Visa for Nepal
- You only need a Tourist visa to Nepal for all procedures. There is no medical visa required.
- Visa for Nepal is available at nearest Nepal Embassy or Diplomatic Mission located at country of your residence.
- The visa permit can also be obtained on arrival at International Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu.
- The renewal of travel visa can also be done at Department of Immigration, Kalikasthan, Kathmandu.
- The fee structure for Visa permit using multiple entry, granted for 15 days is US $ 25, granted for 30 days is $40 and granted for 90 days is $ 100.
- Visa permit can be obtained by payment of cash at Nepal Embassy in one of the currencies including Euro, Swiss Franc, Pound Sterling, US Dollar, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Singapore Dollar and Japanese Yen.
- The visa permit on first arrival at Nepal is one year visa.
- Nationals from Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine and Afghanistan are required to obtain visa from Nepal Embassies or Diplomatic Missions in their respective countries.
- Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal. Indian are required to produce a copy of identity proof.
- A Nepalese visa is only valid for 3-6 months since the date of issue and tourist can stay for a maximum of 150 days in a visa year (Jan 1 to Dec 31).
Reaching Kathmandu, Nepal
- Kathmandu the capital city of Nepal is also known as Tri-city as it is combination of three-cities Kathmandu, Bhaktapur and Lalitpur.
- Kathmandu is located on Time-zone: UTC+05:45. The ISD country code for Nepal is 00977 with calling code 977. The Nepali is the chief language spoken in Nepal and the currency of Nepal is Nepalese rupee.
- Nepal Airport, Tribhuvan International Airport is connected to all major airports linked by flights of all International Airlines.
- Nepal does not officially require any immunizations for entry into the country.
- Vaccination against Yellow Fever is required in case of arriving in a week’s duration after leaving or transiting countries with risk of yellow fever spread.
- Nepalese laws require foreign currencies exceeding $10,000 to be declared.
- The Government Offices/Banks are closed on Saturdays in Nepal.
- A print-out of travel itinerary receipt issued by airline operator is mandatorily required to enter the airport terminal.
The flight time to different airports from Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu is as follows:
|Serial Number||Name of Airport||Travel time by direct single stop flight|
|1||Singapore Airport||4 hours 55 minutes|
|2||Kuala Lumpur Airport||4 hours 30 minutes|
|3||Seoul Airport||5 hours 30 minutes|
|4||John F Kennedy International Airport New York||21 hours 35 minutes|
|5||Frankfurt International Airport||12 hours 45 minutes|
|6||London Heathrow Airport||13 hours 25 minutes|
|7||Dubai Airport||5 hours 25 minutes|
|8||Tokyo Haneda International Airport, Tokyo||7 hours 44 minutes.|
(One stop)9Chicago FSS Airport18 hours 20 minutes
10Charles De Gaulle Airport (CDG)12 hours 45 minutes
Grande International Hospital, Kathmandu, Nepal is located at place Gongabu at a distance of 11 km from Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu, Nepal. The distance can be travelled by road in about 18-20 minutes in a private vehicle.
Pre-Arranged Hotel Transfers, Prepaid Taxis, Regular Taxis, and Local Taxis are available to Intended parents for pick and drop to Grand International Hospital, Kathmandu from Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Prepaid Taxis, regular taxis, micro buses, minivans, rickshaw, local buses and three wheelers are available to tourists enabling local transportation and travel to different locations within Kathmandu valley.
Different Hotel, tourist homes and resorts accommodations are available for the tourists visiting Kathmandu. The accommodations for clients Intended parents of Fertility Tourism Nepal are arranged in leased or rented accommodation in and around GIH Kathmandu, Nepal. The booked accommodation for Intended parents usually has arrangements for the stay of surrogates to facilitate face-to-face interaction between the surrogates and Intended parents. You can choose to stay in the accommodation during the duration of the treatment and visit occasionally during the surrogacy period of check the health stay of the baby and have interactions with surrogates within the period of surrogacy.
The important tourist destination in and around Nepal include following:
- Buddha Stupa An ancient Buddha monument enlisted as a World Heritage Site is located to the north of Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Buddha Neelkanth Temple (Narangdham) A monument belonging to Hindu religion holds an Idol of Bhagwan Vishnu in a sleeping position surrounded by water.
- Freak Street A street place with majority of western population.
- Garden of Dreams / Kaiser MahalA walled garden close to Kathmandu center palace Thamel and the former Royal Palace.
- Narayanhiti Palace Museum A palace housing the seat of erstwhile Nepalase royal dynasty is turned into Museum with relics of Nepalease history and culture. Entry Ticket Fee for foreigners NPR500
- Pashupatinath An Important Hindu Temple. No entry is allowed inside the main temple for foreigners.
- Thamel Chowk