Surrogacy is a viable medical solution for infertile couples facing repeated failures with IVF &/or undergoing multiple miscarriages. It is also the solution for Gay/same sex couples to have a child, which is genetically related to them. The initial screening for surrogates involves testing for HIV, hepatitis B and C, syphilis, malaria, tuberculosis, and other infectious diseases.
Types of Surrogacy:
- Gestational Surrogacy involves embryo creation by fusion of the intended mother’s egg/donor egg with intended father’s sperm/donor sperm using In Vitro Fertilization. The embryo is then transferred in the uterus of gestational surrogate, acting as human incubator from conception till birth of the baby.
- Traditional Surrogacy works for both egg donor and surrogate. The surrogates are now impregnated by process called intrauterine insemination or IUI. The sperm received from intended father is washed under sperm washing procedure and transferred into the uterus of the surrogate to accomplish natural fertilization.
Reasons for Surrogacy
You can choose the surrogacy option due to any of the following reasons:
- A mis-carriage.
- A health condition leading for risky pregnancy
- A deformility in uterus or abnormal/absent uterus since birth or after surgical removal/hysterectomy.
- Failure of in vitro fertilization (IVF)
The average time period for successful completion of Surrogacy therapy is 12 months with successful birth of baby.
Surrogate Mothers :
- Intended surrogate mothers should not be more than 35 years of age.
- Intended surrogate mothers must not smoke and should be able to understand the process well prior to taking the decision of coming into the program.
- Fertility Tourism Nepal does a thorough investigation about the background of the intended surrogate mother prior to accepting her into the program.
- Intended surrogate also requires going under a strict medical examination to make sure she is physically fit.
- Besides testing the physical condition, she is also examined psychologically.
A typical process for Surrogacy starts with registering with us and sending us your reports.
We have a huge database of surrogate mothers and egg donors so we can start the process without any waiting period. Our database continues to expand as we recruit more surrogates and donors into our system. The surrogate mother with her partner undergoes a rigorous counseling and medical screening before we include her in our program.
You can either use your own eggs or donor eggs for the treatment. If proceeding with own eggs, we will start the process according to your visit plan. Or you can send us your frozen samples.
The surrogate is implanted with embryo, created using In Vitro Fertilization. Once the surrogate mother has tested positive, she will be staying in the Surrogate Home which is right next door to the GIH for the entire period of nine months. The intended parents will receive regular updates, scans and reports of the health of the surrogate mother and child.
Patient Decides for Surrogacy:
– Understand Fertility Tourism Nepal Surrogacy Program – We encourage you to ask as many questions as possible.
– Treatment Cost Sheet – Acquire cost sheet from us.
Interact with Doctors:
– Share reports
– Decide to go for Fertility Tourism Nepal Surrogacy Program
– Select Surrogate/ Egg Donor
– Finalize Travel Plan
– Signing and filling paperwork – Agreement and Consent
– Apply for Tourist Visa for commissioning couple
Stimulation of Ovary for IVF:
– Synchronization of menstrual cycles of Genetic Mother/Egg Donor and Surrogate
– Stimulation at Fertility Tourism Nepal (stay in Nepal for about 2-3weeks depending upon your menstrual cycle )
Note: Option of stimulation in your own country possible. We will send you a prescription for stimulation.
Travel to Fertility Tourism Nepal @ Kathmandu, Nepal:
– Signing of Surrogacy Agreement and contract by and between commissioning couple and surrogate
– Signing of consent form for IVF / ICSI , oocyte retrieval/embryo transfer
Note: In case of donor egg, Intended parents can send their frozen semen sample or can travel to Nepal.
Controlled ovarian hyper stimulation with injection:
– Ovum Pickup, Sperm Collection
– Development of Embryos
– Embryo transfer into Surrogate
– Confirmation of Pregnancy
– Surrogate stays in Fertility Tourism Nepal Surrogate Home for all 9 months
– Carrying of full term pregnancy by Surrogate
– Medical care of surrogate by Fertility Tourism Nepal
Delivery of Surrogate:
– Commissioning couple to travel to Nepal
– Delivery of Surrogate
– Process of handing over baby
– Fertility Tourism Nepal organises for the Birth Certificate of Baby
– Commissioning couple apply for passport for baby
– Happy Family travel back to their country
Post Treatment Follow-up:
– Lifelong Association and regular interaction with Fertility Tourism Nepal
Surrogate Mothers Eligibility and Screening
We recruit young surrogates in the age bracket of 21-35. They may be married, single, widowed or divorced. We ensure legal proof of their marital status. We also have a strict and rigorous screening for any medical or health problems. Detailed medical history is acquired for illnesses, past pregnancies, normal or cesarean delivery, children born and previous attempts at surrogacy. We also subject them to a complete cardiologiy screen with 2-D echocardiography to avoid any unpleasant surprises during pregnancy.
Once they pass these qualifications, we do a complete pathology work up including: Sugar, Hemoglobin, clotting profile, HIV, Prolactin, TSH,Hepatitis B and C, Pap Smear, VDRL for syphilis, Torch (Toxoplasma IgM, Cytomegalis Virus and herpes IgM), Chlamydia Vaginal swab, Hb electrophoresis for thalassemia and more to ensure that the surrogate mother is fit. We also evaluate for alcohol, drug or nicotine abuse. A social and home screen to verify the background check follows this. The surrogate is placed on a waiting list, only after all the above criteria are met.
Surrogate Home and Care
We respect and care for our Surrogates and ensure that they are treated well for the tremendous job they are doing. Our Surrogates are housed in the Surrogate Home which is 5 minutes away from Grande International Hospital. This is their home for the entire stay once they have been confirmed they are pregnant.
The Surrogate Home has been developed with state-of-the-art facilities keeping in mind the requirement of Surrogate Mothers. Surrogate Mothers have separate rooms which are equipped with all modern facilities so that they are comfortable. A Lady Supervisor stays with them and looks after their physical comfort. The homes are being cleaned properly and hygiene is maintained for better health of surrogate. Fertility Tourism Nepal also holds prenatal yoga sessions for surrogate mothers. It is for healthy well being of boththe surrogate mother as well as the child to be born. To take care of their nutrition, Fertility Tourism Nepal has formulated a healthy diet chart, which is provided to the IPs.
Surrogacy Cost in Nepal Inclusions:-
- Female’s Stimulation Injections / Medications
- Follicular Monitoring / Consultations
- Egg retrieval Fees (clinic, doctors)
- Female’s post-operative care
- PESA / TESA (Surgical Sperm collection)
- Sperm washing and analysis
- IVF Procedure (clinic, doctors, products)
- Embryo Tests and Processing
- Blastocyst Culture
- Multiple Embryo Transfers for each cycle
- Assisted laser hatching of embryos
- ICSI (Intra-cytoplasmic Sperm Injection)
- Surrogate and coordinator compensation
- Surrogate preparation / medication
- Surrogate’s background check and psychological screening
- Surrogate – 24/7 access to Doctors
- Surrogate Post ET and Emergency Care
- Monthly expense allowance for Surrogate and family
- Surrogate monthly scans and reports
- Surrogate Mothers’s counseling, special care and diet for 9 months
- Fetus Abnormality Test or Triple Test
- Antenatal Care / all medications / tests / scans for the surrogate
- Surrogate Mother’s hospitalization charges during entire pregnancy
- Surrogate’s post delivery care
- Delivery of the surrogate (Normal / Cesarean section)
- Fetal reduction in case of more than 2 embryos
- Gestational Surrogacy Agreement – All other legal contracts also
- Birth Certificate of the baby
- Freezing semen sample for 1 year
- Freezing embryo sample(s) for 1 year
- 4 Frozen Embryo Transfers
- OBGYN and anesthetist fees
- All charges of Hospital for services and procedures till childbirth including admission of surrogates for any emergency
- All Medical Reports and Administrative Costs
- Complete guidance through entire process; including lodging, transportation and exit advice from our client manager
For detailed Surrogacy Package kindly fill the contact us form. Our customer care executive will contact you within 24 hours