LGBT and Single Parents
Surrogacy in Nepal is allowed for people from all backgrounds – Same-sex (Gay) couples, heterosexual couples and singles. Same sex couples can choose to ship sperm or come for a fresh cycle.
Fertility Tourism Nepal has more than 100 Indian and Nepalese donors to choose from, including educated donors.
Our database has proven egg donors and continues to increase as we recruit more donors. All donors have a high antral follicle count and excellent fertility hormone (FSH) levels, which indicate good egg quality.
Caucasian/ Other Race Donors
We have a great network with reputable Donor Agencies from USA and South Africa who regularly send Caucasian, African donors to Kathmandu for egg collection.
Women who choose to become surrogate mothers do so out of compassion to help couples or individuals who wish to have a child. Having completed their own families, they understand how much a child brings to a family. Our surrogate mothers are well cared for both emotionally and physically. Moreover, the surrogates live in the our accommodation for all nine months and we take responsibility for the surrogates’ families throughout the time they are enrolled in our program. The best healthcare, monetary compensation and family support is the least we can offer to our surrogate mothers.
Fertility Tourism Nepal offers most comprehensive packages that have no hidden charges. We try to include as much as possible and absorb any costs that might inconvenience our clients. We believe in creating long lasting relationships rather than transactions.
There is no legal restriction on Surrogacy in Nepal,which makes it convenient for both “Intended parents—ones looking to have a baby through surrogacy”, and “the surrogate mothers” not requiring any contract to be signed on the same.
Surrogacy in Nepal is also available for singles as well as for married and gay couples.
In addition to all these benefits, unlike India, intended parents do not need to make multiple trips to facilitate the process.
Nepal has also emerged as a favored Surrogacy destination in comparison to other nations including US, UK, Thailand, Belgium, and Mexico on counts of restriction on Fee Clause for the surrogates.
Lower cost, coupled with better care and hospitality has paved the way for IVF Surrogacy Nepal as the preferred Surrogacy Partner for International Clients.
Baby Exit Process in Nepal
IVF Surrogacy Nepal assists in taking your baby back home. Our legal team helps you with all the necessary details and documents you might require to take your baby back home.
- IVF Surrogacy Nepal provides baby birth certificate with Father’s name. We will get the birth certificate/s attested for you.
- Apply for passport and exit visa. IVF Surrogacy Nepal assists you with all documentation.
- Depending on embassy, you might require a DNA test when applying for the passport. We will ask you to order the DNA test before you come to Nepal so that everything is ready in time.
- Once the passport is issued, apply for Exit visa. Exit visa usually does not take more than two days.
- When both passport and visa are in hand, you can successfully take your new family back home!
Visa for Nepal
- You only need a Tourist visa to Nepal for all procdures. There is no medical visa required.
- Visa for Nepal is available at nearest Nepal Embassy or Diplomatic Mission located at country of your residence.
- The visa permit can also be obtained on arrival at International Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu.
- The renewal of travel visa can also be done at Department of Immigration, Kalikasthan, Kathmandu.
- The fee structure for Visa permit using multiple entry, granted for 15 days is US $ 25, granted for 30 days is $40 and granted for 90 days is $ 100.
- Visa permit can be obtained by payment of cash at Nepal Embassy in one of the currencies including Euro, Swiss Franc, Pound Sterling, US Dollar, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Singapore Dollar and Japanese Yen.
- The visa permit on first arrival at Nepal is one year visa.
- Nationals from Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine and Afghanistan are required to obtain visa from Nepal Embassies or Diplomatic Missions in their respective countries.
- Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal. Indian are required to produce a copy of identity proof.
- A Nepalese visa is only valid for 3-6 months since the date of issue and tourist can stay for a maximum of 150 days in a visa year (Jan 1 to Dec 31).
Reaching Kathmandu, Nepal
- Kathmandu the capital city of Nepal is also known as Tri-city as it is combination of three-cities Kathmandu, Bhaktapur and Lalitpur.
- Kathmandu is located on Time-zone: UTC+05:45. The ISD country code for Nepal is 00977 with calling code 977. The Nepali is the chief language spoken in Nepal and the currency of Nepal is Nepalese rupee.
- Nepal Airport, Tribhuvan International Airport is connected to all major airports linked by flights of all International Airlines.
- Nepal does not officially require any immunizations for entry into the country.
- Vaccination against Yellow Fever is required in case of arriving in a week’s duration after leaving or transiting countries with risk of yellow fever spread.
- Nepalese laws require foreign currencies exceeding $10,000 to be declared.
- The Government Offices/Banks are closed on Saturdays in Nepal.
- A print-out of travel itinerary receipt issued by airline operator is mandatorily required to enter the airport terminal.
The flight time to different airports from Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu is as follows:
Serial Number Name of Airport Travel time by direct single stop flight 1 Singapore Airport 4 hours 55 minutes 2 Kuala Lumpur Airport 4 hours 30 minutes 3 Seoul Airport 5 hours 30 minutes 4 John F Kennedy International Airport New York 21 hours 35 minutes 5 Frankfurt International Airport 12 hours 45 minutes 6 London Heathrow Airport 13 hours 25 minutes 7 Dubai Airport 5 hours 25 minutes 8 Tokyo Haneda International Airport, Tokyo 7 hours 44 minutes.
(One stop)9Chicago FSS Airport18 hours 20 minutes
10Charles De Gaulle Airport (CDG)12 hours 45 minutes
Grande International Hospital, Kathmandu, Nepal is located at place Gongabu at a distance of 11 km from Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu, Nepal. The distance can be travelled by road in about 18-20 minutes in a private vehicle.
Pre-Arranged Hotel Transfers, Prepaid Taxis, Regular Taxis, and Local Taxis are available to Intended parents for pick and drop to Grand International Hospital, Kathmandu from Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Prepaid Taxis, regular taxis, micro buses, minivans, rickshaw, local buses and three wheelers are available to tourists enabling local transportation and travel to different locations within Kathmandu valley.
Different Hotel, tourist homes and resorts accommodations are available for the tourists visiting Kathmandu. The accommodations for clients Intended parents of Fertility Tourism Nepal are arranged in leased or rented accommodation in and around GIH Kathmandu, Nepal. The booked accommodation for Intended parents usually has arrangements for the stay of surrogates to facilitate face-to-face interaction between the surrogates and Intended parents. You can choose to stay in the accommodation during the duration of the treatment and visit occasionally during the surrogacy period of check the health stay of the baby and have interactions with surrogates within the period of surrogacy.
The important tourist destination in and around Nepal include following:
- Buddha Stupa An ancient Buddha monument enlisted as a World Heritage Site is located to the north of Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Buddha Neelkanth Temple (Narangdham) A monument belonging to Hindu religion holds an Idol of Bhagwan Vishnu in a sleeping position surrounded by water.
- Freak Street A street place with majority of western population.
- Garden of Dreams / Kaiser MahalA walled garden close to Kathmandu center palace Thamel and the former Royal Palace.
- Narayanhiti Palace Museum A palace housing the seat of erstwhile Nepalase royal dynasty is turned into Museum with relics of Nepalease history and culture. Entry Ticket Fee for foreigners NPR500
- Pashupatinath An Important Hindu Temple. No entry is allowed inside the main temple for foreigners.
- Thamel Chowk
Q: What is the process for Surrogacy Treatment?
The Surrogacy treatment starts with Testing for men include a semen analysis, and HIV/STD, Hepatitis B, and syphilis. A similar testing for women planning to self cycle would require lab testing on recent Cycle Day 2-4, Estrogen, Follicle Stimulating Hormone and Luteinizing Hormone levels and other tests on AMH and Standard STD tests before enrollment for Surrogacy treatment. A recent examination of reproductive system and obstetrical test are required. Treatment plan is devised and planned after the lab examination for successful birth of a baby.
Q: What does the term surrogacy means?
Surrogacy is when another woman or gestational carrier carries and gives birth to a baby for the couple who want to have a child. The surrogacy process involves the implantation of an embryo created using either:
- the eggs and sperm of the intended parents
- a donated egg fertilized with sperm from the intended father
- An embryo created using donor eggs and sperm.
Q: How soon can I get matched?
There is no waiting period since huge database of both Surrogates and Donors is available with us. As such planning starts as soon as patient registers for this program.
Q: Will the Intended Parents be able to select an Egg Donor?
The clinic supports your request on Egg Donation with available profile with photo and profile information of Egg donors to choose from.
Q: What are chances or Success rates of having a baby with surrogacy?
Success rates of Surrogacy are very high at our centre, 60% (Self-eggs) and 80% (Donor Eggs). The success rate on having a baby with surrogacy is dependent on many factors that include:
i). Reproductive capacity of gestational carrier to get pregnant based on clinical laboratory tests and medical assessment.
ii). Age of Egg donor, younger Egg donor near 21 years of have higher chances of giving birth to a surrogate child.
iii). Success of Infertility treatment procedures such as Intra Uterine Insemination and In Vitro Fertilization.
iv). Quality and reproductive capacitance of gamete formed by the fusion of commissioning couple (the sperm and egg along with gestational carrier).
Q: What are the risks associated with fertility treatment?
There are few risks associated with fertility treatment that includes reactions to fertility Drugs with symptoms feeling down or irritable, headaches & restlessness and Hot flushes. Other risks include unexplained health risk associated with baby birth as a result of fertility treatment.
Q: Is it possible to try to have multiple births?
Essentially, Surrogacy planning involves planning for almost two babies in a single pregnancy. A further expectation can put health of the gestational carrier at risk and is not advised. Multiple births carry risks to the health of the mother and unborn babies with likely birth of premature babies with below-normal birth weight. Hence, according to request, we do fetal reduction as well.
Q: Once the pregnancy gets confirmed what all information will I receive throughout the period of pregnancy?
We issue regular medical updates on the health of gestational carrier and baby during entire duration of pregnancy. The test results are communicated to the clients on urgent basis after lab examination.
Q: Should I carry any particular travel documents?
For Surrogacy Treatment in Nepal,at minimum, you would be requiring a Travel Visa and a valid passport document for such visit.
Q: How can I get my baby’s passport?
You can register your baby at regional embassies and get clearance for issue of passport to the surrogate baby.
Q: What is the cost of Treatment?
The cost of treatment for IVF treatment, Surrogacy and Egg Donation Services are very affordable compared to our counterparts. The reason we have been able to achieve this is by omitting all middlemen and agencies and by offering entire services in-house from doctor, donor to surrogate. Kindly contact us for a quote.